Since this has pretty much been the week of maxi skirts, I thought I'd put together a quick remix of all the ways I've been wearing them. I'll admit - I haven't really done the maxi skirt in the winter since seventh grade when I wore them with Chuck Taylors and over-sized sweaters. I'm officially feeling a little old, realizing the fashions of my youth are in vogue once again.
After this week, I've decided to put together a quick top 5 list of reasons to rock the maxi skirt in winter:
1. Paired with a slip, knee highs and boots, you can get away with no tights. And no shaving.
2. It can double as bedding if you get stranded in a snow storm.
3. It's the next best thing to my Snuggie when I just don't feel like getting dressed.
4. Since I can't wear jeans to work, maxi dresses make a great alternative to trousers.
5. There's no better way to conceal those extra holiday pounds.
So, put one on and have a great weekend!