I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas (or just a wonderful weekend) with all of those you love. This weekend, I'm taking a much needed week off of work. A whole week, you guys! I haven't taken a vacation this long since September 2006, which I spent painting, remodeling and moving when we first bought our house. This week will be filled with similar, non-glamorous activities such as cleaning the basement and unloading unwanted crap. And you know what? I couldn't be looking forward to it more.
Since I won't really be in blog-worthy shape this week, I've enlisted the help of some of my favorite bloggers to keep thing interesting around here. I love the new year and fresh start it brings, so I've asked a few ladies to share 12 things that they are most looking forward to in the new year. I can't wait to take it all in! Do you have a 12 in 2012 list? Do share!
I'm Elissa, a personal style blogger, vintage enthusiast, and freelance writer, and I blog over at Dress With Courage. I was so flattered when Kyla asked me to guest post and share twelve things I am looking forward to in 2012. I typically avoid making resolutions, and instead chose to focus on special events, milestones and occasions that make me energized and inspired.
Here's my list of twelve things I'm looking forward to in 2012:
- Publishing my book on thrifting and vintage shopping, and hosting a launch party here in Dallas
- Acting as community outreach and social media coordinator of the Texas Style Council Conference (March 9,10,11th) and spending more time with Kyla (here's hoping!) and other bloggers from across the country
- Teaching my twins to ride their bicycles without training wheels
- Taking a road trip to Austin, my favorite city, for thrifting, antiques, music and great food
- Getting back into a regular running routine and completing my first 5k
- Visiting the Dallas Arboretum for their Spring Blooms! event
- Meeting more local bloggers in the Dallas-Fort Worth area
- Learning to bake a pie from scratch (this one has been on my bucket list for years!)
- Reading more, journaling more, writing more
- Celebrating my 38th birthday in July with friends and family
- Exploring more of the museums here in Dallas and Fort Worth, particularly the Kimble and Dallas Museum of Art
- and looking into taking English riding lessons with my daughter.
With each year that passes I become more committed to making my own needs as much of a priority as those of my husband and children. I'm hopeful that the coming year brings as much joy as 2011 did!
Shop my closet on Smashion!