I threw this little post in the #31bloggingdays challenge, because I almost never talk about my family on my blog. So, here's a little peek into my past, present and future!
1. My parents are both 1 of 5 kids, which has always made for amazing family holidays growing up. The cousins are now all over the place with their own families, so the usual crowd has dwindled, but I will always look back on my childhood holidays and reunions with great fondness.
2. My parents have been married for 33 years! I think that's awesome and take great pride in their accomplishment.
3. I have a little brother who is 5 years younger than me. When we were young, we were always in two very different places, but I love that the older we get, the better friends we become. Don't get me wrong, I've always loved him. It's just really neat to see that love turn into a deeper relationship of friendship and respect.
4. On my mom's side of the family, almost all of the girls' names start with the letter K. Needless to say, it would get a little confusing!
5. On my dad's side of the family, there's a 20-year spread between my dad and his oldest brother (with 3 siblings in between). I've always thought is was funny that his first neice and nephew were only a couple of years younger than him. It also means that my grandmother was 40-something when she had my dad - not a big deal now, but almost scandalous in the late 1950's!
Shop my closet on Smashion!